Thursday, June 30, 2011

Tony Mott







Of all the types of photography out there, music and concert photography interests me the most. I recently received the book Rock'n'Roll Photography is the New Trainspotting which is a retrospective of Tony Mott's photographic works. The reason why he's one of my favourite photographers is because he has managed to capture the essence of so many Australian bands, some before they hit the big time. Midnight Oil, The Divinyls, Paul Kelly, Nick Cave... the list goes on.

The photos in the book are amazing and there's a good mix of old and new and local and international bands. I wish there was a bit more info included about the photos though - sometimes Tony will say something like 'the band was difficult to work with' and I was dying to know why!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...