Monday, June 27, 2011

Thicker Than Blood


 

My Día de los Muertos inspired skull illustration

I love this illustration by Alice Meichi Li

A couple of months ago, my b&w 'Transition' skull illustration was featured in a little American zine by the name of Thicker Than Blood. It debuted at the MoCCA Fest in New York back in April, but being in the Southern Hemisphere I just had to wait patiently until the postie delivered my copy to me. The theme of 'thicker than blood' can refer to family, so my illustration is inspired by Día de los Muertos which is a holiday to remember deceased family members.

Working in black and white and drawing something by hand (not vectors) was a change for me, but it turned out quite good. Who knows, I might even consider doing another b&w illo in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...