Monday, January 2, 2012

Hello 2012 + exciting news


First post of 2012!

Exciting News! Last year, I applied to the Jump national mentor program, and I have been selected to participate in the 2012 program. For those who don't know, Jump supports young and emerging artists by helping them develop with a mentor. In Western Australia, JUMP is delivered by Propel Youth Arts WA and receives additional funding through the Government of Western Australia Department of Culture and the Arts. I approached Webuyyourkids and they very graciously agreed to mentor me as I aim to develop my illustration skills. It is a huge honour for me, as I have been an admirer of WBYK for many years, so I will make the most of this opportunity to learn and grow as an artist. 2012 is already shaping up to be an exciting year!

Some of my favourite work by WBYK

Resolutions: Instead of setting myself a ton of new resolutions, trying them for a month or so and then giving up, I will implement something I read in a book. Basically, the book said that it takes 30 consecutive days to build a habit. When people try to take on too many new habits at a time, they become discouraged if they fail to succeed in them all. So this year I will be setting myself a new habit each month, so hopefully by the end of the year I will have acquired 12 positive habits.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats! What a great way to start off the new year :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! Happy New Year to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your resolution solution, as it were! Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is definitely a great way to kickstart 2012! Congrats Anne :)


    I've been a bit off by NY resolutions too..just because I always end up disappointing myself along the way. The 12 habits sound like a more positive way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Marcelo and Sheryl! Yes, fingers crossed that this month-by-month resolution thingy will work :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...